Monday, July 16, 2012

Banana Bread

I love bananas sometimes the trouble is that I can't eat them before they become over ripe.... and I've never been a fan of over ripe bananas... in fact for a long time I didn't like bananas but I do now and thats all that matters..
once a banana starts turning black on the outside and I mean just a little bit black on the outside and it completely turns me off them... and its such a waste just to throw them out so I often make banana bread when this happens...
I bought a bread maker a couple of years ago and it was the best thing I ever bought.... my husband loves when I make bread and I love the smell of freshly baking bread in the house...
so again I have over ripe bananas and I've decided to make banana bread....

so I mashed 2 over ripe bananas in a separte bowl
in my main bowl I melted about 2 table spoons of margarine and mixed in about half a cup of brown sugar then added 2 eggs a sprinkle of cinamon and some baking powder (as ususal)
this made the mixture really liquidy I added the mashed banana and then self raising flour (gluten free) and just mixtured until it felt like the right consistency (I know not an exact science but its just how I cook) most recipes will say about 2 cups of flour.... then I added my favourite part a big squirt of golden syrup and mixed it through...

then into the bread maker on the bake setting for an hour or a bit longer

for now I get to enjoy the beautiful smells while waiting for yummy banana bread 

No comments:

Post a Comment