Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chicken Pie

when I pulled some chicken out of the freezer today I had no idea what I was going to cook for dinner.. after some umming and ahhing and my hubby suggesting butter chicken I finally settled on chicken pie....
its something that I have to say that I love...

I cut up 2 chicken thighs and any vegetables I could find in the fridge.... after browning the onions and garlic I added the chicken and browned them... then I added the rest of the vegetables and a small amount of chicken stock and a big scoop of cream cheese (I always use the low fat version) and mix it altogether and if the mixture isnt thick enough I make up a cornflour slurrey (as my hubby calls it) and add it to the mixture....

then its just as easy as blind baking some puff pastry adding the filling and top layer of pastry and letting it cook until it is golden brown....

yum


No comments:

Post a Comment