Saturday, July 21, 2012

Homemade Apple Sauce

as kids we loved when Mum cooked pork because it always meant that we would have apple sauce... and if there was any left over after dinner we would have it on icecream or eat it straight out of the jar (yes its sad to admit but I just did so I cant take it back :p)

well now that I'm all grown up and I'm the one cooking when ever we have pork (which isn't all that often) I always forget to buy apple sauce... well my clever husband told me just to make my own... of course I looked at him as if he was speaking another language before listening to what he said and making my own...

it is very simple... I used a tin of pie apple a sprinkle of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon... I chucked them all in a saucepan and cooked them over a medium heat... being that I used tinned pie apple it didnt need long but if you used fresh apples they would need to be cooked for longer...

then I used my barmix to puree the apples and then I put it in the fridge to cook while I cooked dinner

enjoy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment