Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nikkipant's Twist on Lemon Meringue Pie

My hubby loves lemon meringue pie.... at every opportunity he will ask me to make it... yes he's a chef but for some reason he just doesnt make it like I do... my theory is that he is going too much on following the recipe and not enough on knowing the process and what its supposed to feel and taste like....
so tonight while cooking dinner of course he asks for lemon meringue pie.... I was one step ahead of him... I had been thinking about how to make lemon meringue pie but a bit different.... dont get me wrong lemon meringue pie is my favourite too but I felt like mixing it up a little..... so first I made meringues


and yes if you did notice the wo missing meringues in the front... I strongly believe in quality control :P

then I got 2 sheets of puff pastry and poked it to stop it from rising too much and then I sliced each sheet into thrids





 I cooked the pastry until it was golden brown and let it cool


meanwhile I made the lemon curd



and lined 2 tins with tin foil and sprayed them with cooking spray




then I just assembled it all starting with a layer of pastry


then some lemon curd and I made sure I spread it evenly across



then a layer of pastry


then more lemon curd


then a final layer of pastry


before putting it in the fridge for a few hours to set



I then pulled out the tins and cut them in half with a sharp knife before lifting the tin foil out...


then I just added the meringues around the lemon tower and a scoop of ice cream on the top


I thought it tasted pretty good... hubby on the other hand said he liked normal lemon meringue pie... so I guess I'll be going back to making normal lemon meringue pie in the future











No comments:

Post a Comment