Friday, January 11, 2013

Fruit Mince Pies

normally I dont like fruit mince pies... not even a little bit... never have and never will (or so I thought).... I found a recipe in better homes and gardens magazine and it sounded pretty good so I thought I'd give it a try..... Mum also refuses to buy fruit mince pies from the shops premade because she says they dont taste like theyre supposed to... so that was another motivation to get them right....

I realised pretty quickly that the pastry was going to be difficult to work with so instead of cutting them out with a cutter I just squashed them into the patty cake tins.... I did carefully cut the stars out to put on top because they were cute..  and I didnt have enough pastry to do a full cover...

in the end I was very happy with my result (and they tasted really yummy)


my sister loved them and my mum loved them... they only lasted a couple of days with the 3 of us gobbling them up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment