Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Layered Cake

so my sister is a lover of cake as well (especially when she was pregnant :P) so I decided to attempt my first layered cake


vanilla, coffee and chocolate

so I cooked all the cakes in the same tin

the white cake




chocolate cake



coffee cake




the best part is sampling the scraps.... it would be irresponsible for me not to sample it :) :D


I love this cake stand and its great having an excuse to use it



I made a vanilla, coffee and chocolate buttercream

so after freezing them overnight I started with the chocolate layer


the chocolate cake obviously got chocolate buttercream





 then the coffee cake was next


which obvious got coffee buttercream


then the vanilla cake


with vanilla buttercream





next I did the rose pattern with the nossel that I found here
and I made sure the vanilla buttercream roses were on the vanilla cake and same with the coffee and chocolate layers as well











and the inside looked like this:





and I have to admit it was pretty good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment