Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bookmarks

so I have a few nephews... 7 to be exact... and well no nieces... none... so that means that technically everything that I make that has been worn or used has been for boys... which I have to admit isnt as fun as sewing for girls but this project was extra fun...

my SIL has 3 boys (4 if you count my brother) the 2 older boys are turning 8 and 6 this year.. and have been working hard on reading....

so I decided that it would be a good idea to encourage reading so for their birthday I bought them a book each...

being boys I decided to go with books they'd find funny





what boy wouldnt like a book like that :P hehe

so I thought I'd make them some bookmarks to go with their books





I used some bonding stuff to attatch the letters and the racing car

I cut 2 pieces out for the racing car and being that the wheels were going to be small I decided to cut the black piece of fabric out like this


 and the red piece of fabric like this



then bonded them together to make this



I was pretty impressed with how they turned out 

what do you think???

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment