Monday, June 3, 2013

Major Housewife Fail

I was planning on making a flourless orange cake today to take into work tomorrow... note how I said planning.... last night after dinner I put my 2 oranges on the stove to boil and put the timer on the microwave to remind me to check the water level... well hubby did his annoying lets go to bed early and I gave in and went to bed to watch a movie (in my defense it was cold)... after an hour or so in bed hubby gave me a funny look and asked if I'd left anything on the stove... I looked at him weirdly and very certainly said that I hadnt the soup that I had made was in the fridge and the stove was turned off.... he was sure he could smell something burning... I slowly got myself out of bed and put my slippers on before slowly wandering downstairs.... I got about halfway down the stairs and I smelt smoke and bolted down the rest of the stairs leaving my slippers behind... and there burning away on the stove were my 2 oranges....

ops


after apologising profusely to my hubby and thanking him for smelling the smoke I went back to bed (but not before checking the stove again just to be sure)

today I thought after looking at the oranges again that they might be alright to use for the cake... the recipe calls for the oranges to be blended up... I cooked them with a bit more water for another hour and then choppped them up and blended them.... because the cake uses 6 eggs and almond meal I thought I'd better taste the oranges before I waste all those ingredients and time and end up with nothing...

lucky I did because it tasted awful... and I meant terrible... it had the most distinct aftertaste of burnt

so I chucked it in the bin.....

I cant believe I was so stupid and forgot about the oranges for one and that I almost burnt down the house....

I'll be alot more careful next time I'm boiling oranges on the stove

No comments:

Post a Comment