Friday, June 28, 2013

Spinning Wheel


 So I finally got my spinning wheel last weekend... and I cant believe how exciting it is to have...



 I was playing with it for over an hour trying to figure out why the wool wasnt winding onto the bobbin and I couldnt figure it out... so I turned to google and finally figured out I was missing a very important bit... the tension to stop the bobbin from moving which lets the wool wind on... so I got on the internet and ordered myself a few springs and a brake band they arrived so quickly I ordered them on monday night and they got here on thursday.. put it altogether today and tested it out and yay!!! my bobbin now winds on....

at the same time I thought it was a little silly to buy 2 springs and a band so while I was at it I got another carder


 my spinning wheel came with a lazy kate or whatever they call it.. which I thought was very nifty



I now just need to figure out how to spin wool... youtube makes it look so easy... how hard can it be?


No comments:

Post a Comment