Sunday, January 19, 2014

Swimming This Week :)

I thought I wouldnt blog every single time I go swimming but instead have a little bit of a recap for the week... not that anyone really care but it helps me keep going and thats the most important thing.  so this week I went swimming 6 out of 7 days (which is a lot I know and it probably wont happen like that every week) and as a total I swam 4.8km.. which when you think about it is huge.... :) and I'm pretty proud of myself.. the other thing that was different this week was that I played squash with my hubby and sister then afterwards we took the kids to the pool and swan for a good 2 and a half hours... and I have to say I was pretty proud of my nephews... I spent ages with my 2 year old nephew who was very scared of the water and spent the beginning clung to me like a koala... and although my sister was unsure about him wearing goggles I convinced her to let me try and see how we went.... so we started off slowly getting him used to going under the water and that he was okay... I helped him to float on his back which took a little bit of convincing but he did it well and then I had him jumping in the pool... he was still holding my hands as he did it but I didnt think I would have him asking to jump in the pool... and it was funny in the end both my sister and hubby had piked and it was just me and the kids in the pool and thats when I started encouraging the 5 year old to have a go starting out small and seeing that his younger brother could do it gave him that little bit of confidence to have a go....my hubby made a comment later that I had a lot of patience with the kids in the pool and it was hard to explain (and I dont think I ever could explain) that it was as much fun for the kids as it was for me... there was no stress and the kids were great :)

maybe we'll have another trip to the pool next week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment