Saturday, September 6, 2014

Guess What Stupid Thing I Did

I have been trying extra hard recently to take the dog for a walk twice a day to make sure she is less of a monster...  yesterday was my day off and as normal I took Cadbury for a walk in the morning no trouble (she was even better and not pulling as much)... I then spent the rest of the day cleaning the house and did 4 loads of washing and even folded and sorted it all which is pretty impressive if you ask me... so all in all I was very productive....

knowing that a storm was due to arrive about 4 in the afternoon, I headed out to the oval with Cadbury for her afternoon walk... and she was even better than that morning, she ran around the oval (which was deserted) and was fantastic... I could see the rain clouds getting closer and just as it started we took shelter at the oval for her to have a drink... it didnt look like it was going to ease off so I thought well lets run home... it means we will get home sooner and hopefully not get a wet...

all was going well until were about 400m from home... running along the path I was getting a little close to the edge and thought no dont get too close and before I can even finish my thought I've sprained my ankle... and the worst part of it all is that we were right near a dog and of course Cadbury wanted to see the other dog... I had to hobble home trying my best not to do any more damage.... and I ended up with a golf ball sized lump on my foot.. so a trip to the doctors revealed no fracture (thank god) an anti inflammatory and compression bandage later and I'm heading back home....



I hopped around last night and struggled, and when I couldnt hop any more I would crawl (a great look) but we are going out tonight and so hubby borrowed a pair of crutches from work for me.... what a life saver, even though I almost stacked it first time using them... 

I thought I would have a shower.... well I thought wrong didnt I, I thought it wouldnt be that hard to get into the shower, but forgot about the little step which was way too hard to navigate so a quick wash (thank you nursing skills you come in handy) and compression bandage back on... this is what it looked like underneath, not too bad (thank god)


after struggling to stay awake today, hopefully I can sleep more than 2 hours at a time like last night...

and with all the effort it takes to walk using crutches I think I will sleep better tonight


No comments:

Post a Comment