Sunday, October 19, 2014

Bestfriend's Baby Shower

so yesterday I hosted my best friends baby shower :) she is due in just under 5 weeks... and I have been joking that she had to cross her legs until after the baby shower so now she can have her baby whenever she is ready :P

we had a nursery rhyme theme going through the whole way I can't find a picture of them so that I can always put up later... but I had blank white cards on the front I cut out a light blue baby carriage and when you opened them up on the left hand side was a blue onesie with a little poem saying 'snips and snails and puppy-dog's tails that's what little boys are made of'

on the other side it said:
Hey diddle diddle, 
Have you seen Danielle
s middle? 
The baby will be here soon.
Please join us for a
 
Baby Shower in honour of
 
Mum & Dad
Saturday, 18th October 2014

I was pretty happy with them...
so lets get back to the baby shower... I made nursery rhyme bunting from a nursery rhyme book and we blew up some balloons and had some baby socks hanging around
the food was all nursery rhyme themed, we had:
little girl candy, one potato two potato chips, humpty dumpty egg sandwiches, twinkle twinkle little star ham sandwiches, Mary had a little lamb wraps, 3 blind mice cheese platter, Mary Mary quite contrary veggie platter, muffin man raspberry muffins and pat-a-cake cupcakes...
we had a version of baby shower Olympics with trophy's to be won and everything :D each game had points allocated to it and the most points at the end of the day won
the games we played were:
baby nappy changing race, don't say baby, baby price is right, guess mum's size, nursery rhyme trivia  and how many jelly babies in the bottle.  
it was so funny playing the nappy changing race :P everyone had a go and then they made me have a go as well.... the fastest was 47 seconds and the longest was 2 minutes and 27 seconds.... keeping in mind the longest time was my best friends 8 year old daughter and it was the first time she had ever changed a nappy... 
so once we finished the next game was using the same baby doll and it was now that the baby was changed she cant be put down so whoever says baby has to hold the baby... this was a really fun game to play.. I had 3 alarms on my phone over the time of the baby shower and they were obscure times and I had a soundtrack of a baby crying that would go off when the alarm went off.  whoever was holding the baby at the time got extra points and it was so funny the first time the alarm went off hehe and it worked out well that 3 different people were holding the baby each time the alarm went off.
the baby price is right game was good as well.. it was interesting to see what different people would think different items cost.... there were 12 different items consisting of: bottles, dummies, nappies, wipes, shampoo, bedtime bath, cream, wind drops, formula, farex, pureed apples and baby powder... I thought I was clever calling the different items different category names like hard core for the pureed apples and spray and wipe for the wipes... once everyone had their guess I showed them the price and it was interesting to see the difference in guesses... 
guessing mum;s tummy size is a very common game to play at a baby shower... mum to be also cut some string  which was absolutely huge :) it was cute to see how big she thought she was.... I know some people get offended at the thought of this game but in Australia it would be strange not to have it played and its all played in good fun..
the last game we played was nursery rhyme trivia and there were some that were easy and some that were really hard :) 
after tallying up the points I awarded the trophy to Nana to be, Auntie to be and Big sister...
here are some photos:

















:) I was really happy with how it all turned out :) and it took me an hour once everyone was gone to get the house back to normal


No comments:

Post a Comment