Sunday, February 8, 2015

Third Wedding Anniversary

traditional anniversary gifts go back to early times when husbands would present their wives with particular gifts when they had been married a certain amount of time... as we have grown more and more commercialized more 'traditional' gifts were added for wedding anniversaries... we buy traditional gifts for each other... this year was leather (which is trickier than you think)... I bought my hubby a lovely reversible belt and he was going to buy me a new handbag... but it was a little more expensive than I prefer so I told him to keep the handbag for my birthday and I ended up getting a beautiful leather bound photo album... we also went out for dinner to an amazing restaurant... called Olive at Mawson... and we had the most amazing time and it was nice to be able to dress up and got out to dinner... 

after loosing about 10 kg (which I'm very proud of) I was able to fit into one of the tops my mum gave me.. she was cleaning out her cupboard and asked if I wanted them and at the time I thought that can be my goal to get down and be able to fit into these 2 tops... I was sooo excited to fit into this beautiful blue sparkly top ( and I'm sure there aren't many people who would want to wear their mothers clothes but my mum is very trendy)




and the staff were absolutely amazing... we had a table booked outside but it poured with rain so they set up a table inside for us and they were very attentive and when we asked for things not on the menu it wasn't a problem...

after dinner my hubby wanted an affagato.. which I had no idea what it was but they made him 2 of them and my hubby loved it... 



it was such a nice restaurant and had food that we love that we will definitely be going back :D

we also had some sushi chocolate to share... and it was interesting..










I expected the chocolates to have a little more detail than they did... some looked very cute while others looked like they had been shoved together with little thought... on the whole I don't think we would have chocolate sushi on another occasion... 

No comments:

Post a Comment