Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Work Baby Shower Cake

One of the girls at work is having a baby and we we going to have a baby shower for her at work.. in the end she was unwell and we had to postpone the baby shower but at that point it was too late as I had already made the cake and had the decorations drying..there was a friend at work who was also making a cake so we decided to both bring our cakes in on the day..

it was a little funny to see everyone's faces and they kept asking me if I knew that the baby shower had been postponed.. 

they all loved the cake... it was like a pack of wolves had devoured the entire cake and there were some people who didn't even get a chance so have some...

I was just excited to finally be able to make my little booties (which I have been wanting to make for months now but didn't have an excuse to make them...

so this is what the cake looked like :)

  
  

  

  
  




   


  
I was so pleased with the end result :) I did have a flower pick in the cake because I was going to have the letters baby spelled out on wire but then because it wasn't for real I decided not to worry...

but I was very happy with the booties and the beautiful light blue colour :) everything was edible except the lollipop stick and the ribbon (and of course the flower pick)...

no one wanted to cut the cake so when I went to morning tea I cut my cake (but I couldn't cut my friend's because she hadn't come to morning tea yet and someone else decided it would be a good idea to just eat the one cake and give the other cake to the girl whose baby shower it was going to be :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment