Sunday, September 20, 2015

Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee Costumes

We went to an Alice in Wonderland themed dress up party last night..and Hubby and I went as Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee (Hubby was Tweedle Dum :P) 

we went to a costume shop to look at hiring costumes... I tried on Alice, Queen of Hearts and the Mad Hatter.  Hubby tried on Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit.. it was good fun trying on the costume but was going to cost us a fair bit to hire them Hubby had an idea to instead make some Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee costumes...

so we went searching at the shops and bought

2 7xl white t-shirts that I dyed yellow



2 red hats



2 blue bow ties



2 single quilt sets



I did also get 2 hula hoops but decided not to use them in the end

so I used the quilt set to make pants (just very simple pants with elastic around the waist and made sure they were extra extra big)

then I stitched up the bottom of the t-shirt up and added stuffing around the middle ( I had originally put the hoop under the bottom of them but found that it was too big so used the stuff instead)

the hardest part was the collar, I carefully cut out 2 layers of white fabric and stitched around to make the collar.  I added some velcro to the edge of the collar and bow tie

lastly I glued a straw to the top of the hat and added the yellow flag to the top like Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee

and this is the final product



No comments:

Post a Comment