Saturday, November 28, 2015

Caramel Mini Macarons

with another staff member leaving and another afternoon tea organised I had a crazy thought that I would make macarons...mid week...  I know I'm crazy... and its been a while since I've made macarons so it was always going to be a challenge but I did buy a macaron mat and had been meaning to test it out and it seemed as good as any time to test it out.. so after making the batter I carefully piped them out and the more I piped the easier it was to get them to be more uniformed... I baked a batch at a time (deciding that I needed to buy a second macaron mat to be able to pipe a second batch while waiting for the first batch to cool)

I also made some caramel :D which is always good


but after finishing the caramel I read a recipe that said you could beat the caramel to make it more buttercreamish and light... which I did and it was delicious

so all I had to do was assemble them





the all important taste test :D


and they were good... so good that people were taking multiple at a time :) I won't leave it so long before making the next batch of macarons :D


No comments:

Post a Comment