Saturday, November 28, 2015

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

with someone retiring at work we put on a big afternoon tea and everyone usually brings something to share... I decided to make lemon meringue cupcakes :D my very first attempt at lemon meringue cupcakes so I was a little bit nervous :)

I made the same cupcake recipe as the rainbow cupcakes but didn't separate it into colours (obviously)... and I made the lemon curd from the lemon meringue cupcake recipe (which was the first time I've made this one).. and I have to admit I needed hubby expertise to help fix my curd that didn't quite work out for me.... in the end it was a beautiful curd.. and the meringue I made the same as the rainbow cupcakes again with the egg whites and sugar...

I had to scoop out the top of the cupcakes to pipe in the curd before piping the icing... it was a bit time consuming but they tasted lovely :)

this one didn't make the cut :P so I had to taste test it :P







left over cake bits are the best :D


especially when you have left over curd


and left over meringue :D


it was so yummy



No comments:

Post a Comment