Saturday, January 30, 2016

First Tomato Harvest

So one of the reasons I asked my sister over was to help pick some tomatoes.. 

so this is what my tomato plants looked like pre harvesting..






and this is what we picked


I was a little disappointed that the only red tomato had been eaten by a worm but out of 47 tomatoes loosing 4 isn't so bad



this is just over 3 kgs of freshly picked tomatoes


and then a week later I picked another 2 kgs


so my total is at about 5kgs of tomatoes... the 2kgs I took and gave to my father in law and I gave some to my sister and grandparents.. but I still have about 2 kgs of tomatoes waiting to ripen :)... so for now I have a handful ripening and the rest in the fridge... 

I never really understood the green thumb reference until I played with my tomato plants :P 



No comments:

Post a Comment