Thursday, August 18, 2016

Nephew's Birthday Cakes 2016

I also made a cake for the boys for the family celebration we have every year to celebrate their birthdays..

I did say to the boys this year to make it easy on me :P so Hunter wanted a minion cake, with one eye and chocolate flavoured.  He usually picks the easier cake, where as Seth asked for a yu gi oh cake.  He then wanted a star wars cake (which was much easier than yu gi oh) and finally settled on a light saber cake, coloured red and vanilla cake.

this is the shaped light saber awaiting icing



then I added the fondant 









this is the vanilla buttercream I used in the beginning


and I added some cocoa to make chocolate buttercream


and the minioning begins




covering with fondant



adding the eye




and I forgot to take a final picture at home with the strap and hair completed





a few of the adults thought it was a little funny when it was getting cut due to the shape of the light saber


the most important thing is they both tasted yummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment